Supercharged cars are a lot of fun to drive. That’s why it’s worth going through the extra effort it takes to maintain them. Although, if your supercharged car is experiencing an engine knock or hesitating, stop driving right away and get your car to our shop. The hard-driving is what the vehicle was engineered to do, but be sure to get the proper servicing to keep your European import performing the way it should. Book an appointment with EUROTEKK to ensure you receive proper maintenance of your supercharged European muscle car.
As with any vehicle, there is required maintenance, and a high-performance supercharged car will offer you years of enjoyable driving if properly taken care of. We’ve included a short list of maintenance tips for your supercharged car:
- Engine Oil: Make sure that you follow your manufacturer’s recommended maintenance schedule and check your oil frequently to make sure your car is protected.
- Coolant and Temperature: Supercharged cars are especially vulnerable to damage from overheating. Always be aware of your temperature gauge and the condition of your coolant.
- Fuel: Having quality fuel is an especially important issue for supercharged cars. As a rule, a supercharged car should be run on premium gasoline.
Air Filtration: A clogged air filter puts unnecessary strain on the supercharger and hurts performance.
- Transmission: Your transmission needs to transfer the additional power of a supercharged engine. It follows that there will be extra stress placed on your vehicle’s transmission, so always be aware of the condition of your transmission and service it regularly to keep it shifting and performing on par with your supercharged vehicle.
- As drivers, we tend to treat performance vehicles differently than other cars and drive them harder and faster. As a result, the tires, clutch, and brakes will wear down faster.
Supercharger Service and Replacement
Supercharged cars operate on similar principals to any other motor vehicle; however, there are a number of significant differences in the required maintenance and service of these high-performance vehicles. In a supercharged car, extra air is forced into the engine to create more power. This is called ‘forced induction’ and it puts the engine under stress in order to operate with forced induction. As an owner of a BMW or Mercedes-Benz with a supercharger, there are certain precautions that you should take to keep your European import performing at its best. In particular, supercharged cars are heavily dependant on their cooling system to keep them at a safe running temperature. EUROTEKK can inspect your car’s supercharger system and note any areas of concern and suggest possible performance improvements.